My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Sketchy Free For All

Hello everyone, hope you all had a great week-end with lots of crafting thrown in!..  Whooo!! I'm feeling quiet happy today, I managed to order some lovely paper pads from LOTV yesterday, had a bit of a struggle at first trying to get on the site.. gave up and tried a bit later, really thought I would miss out again lol!! But NO.. they still had some stock!!  Can't wait for Mr. Postie to arrive now lol!!

My card today is for 'Papertake Weekly' which is a lovely sketch challenge. You can use any sketch as long as it is one of the Papertake sketches.  I chose to use sketch #80. The nice thing about sketches is they give you a good starting point, especially when Mr. Mojo has gone walk about, I love using them.  I really enjoyed making this card, the flowers were cut out with a Joy Die, really want to have a go at making some flowers, I have some gorgeous dies which I haven't known how to use properly so have been on the internet for some tutorials, so watch this space lol!!..   The gorgeous hearts are a Marianne die and I have ruffed up all the black card with some sand paper and scissors, the card is by Tim Holtz and is a dream to use for this sort of thing.  The gorgeous papers are from LOTV designed by Mary Fran.  The image is from one of LOTV art pads.
  


This is the sketch which I turned around so that the side was at the top


Card Recipe
Sentiment - LOTV - Everyday Grundgy Messages
Dies - Marianne Hearts and Joy Flowers

Challenges Entered
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Cute with lots of spots & dots
The ABC Challenge - F is for Flowers
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Patterned Paper
TTCRD Challenge - Anything Goes
LOTV Monthly Challenge - Name That Tune
'The Hug Song' - by Fred Small
  
My card is about sending someone special hugs so I would just like to send some special hugs to Mary, Andrea and Family from the ribbon girl.  Mary sadly lost her husband last week and I would just like to say you are all in my thoughts and prayers. xx

That's it for today guys, you all take care,
Love and Hugs,
Marjorie xx

25 comments:

  1. A gorgeous take on the sketch. Love the cute image and the distressed edges.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely card Marjorie and love your sweet image, great colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Marjorie - love the LOTV art pads and this is such a cute image.
    Gorgeous LO and beautiful detailing.
    I too love a sketch to work with - as you say they are a quick starting point.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, I love the super sweet image and colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such an adorable image and great use of spots.....just right for our challenge!

    thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Marjorie :-) the image is adorable and I love the papers and colours, so cute :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card Marjorie!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. That image is so cute. I love how you have coloured the image 'black & white' and teamed it with some gorgeous striking colours. Just beautiful. Thanks for playing along at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable and so gorgeous Marjorie, the colours look fab.
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card Marjorie, those art pads are a real life saver :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning sweetie...

    What a truly stunning creation today...

    Big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic design, Marjorie. Love the colours and the stunning details. That LOTV image is just too adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Marjorie, wow.. this card is fabulous! Love the cute image and the beautiful colors. Wonderful design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another gorgeous car Marjorie! Great sketch layout and a super cute image.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really must find time to get round everyone's blogs more often. You've made some lovely cards recently Marjorie, LOVE the green flower one especially! I intended to pop by before and say welcome to PTW too! Hope your Mum is ok.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh! this is just so gorgeous Marjorie, Love the beautiful design and scrummy papers.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Marjorie.
    What a wonderful and cute card. I love these little details.
    Greetings from Switzerland
    Kate
    http://kate1975.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  18. so stunning marjorie.adorable image and i love your fabulous papers and distressing ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun Card and I love your image! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door, hope to see you again in our next challenge! - XX Cara

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic color combination Marjorie! I love how you've colored the image and your great take on the sketch. Just enough embellishments to make it perfect. How sweet of you to make it with someone special that really needs a hug.

    I think I'm back among the living again and so glad to be back in the swing of things. Will be back again soon to visit more. Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMGOSH Marjorie!!!!! This is soooo GORGEOUS! Truly love the colors you chose and how you put everything together!! Sooo STUNNING!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Marjorie - oh my word this is one gorgeous card! Lovely colour combo and the image just tooo sweet!

    Sarah

    PS - I saw that you are following my blog - hope you see something you like there and I apologise in advance for all the waffle. As it says' I talk a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your card, it is so cute. Thank you for joining TTCRD this week

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ever since I first saw these sweet LOTV image, I now notice them more and more and yours is certainly one to notice! Lovely work all around with beautiful coloring.
    hugs, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a wonderful sweet and delightful card Marjorie that image is awesome so are the lush papers, super, super card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete